The 2014 LoanMart Open Hobby Stock Series
This is an eight (8) race series/championship that will run on the same nights as the Open LoanMart Late Model Series. The Loanmart
Open Hobby Stock Series is open to all drivers ages 14 and older, the rules are simple and the race procedures are straight forward. No membership is needed
for this series, all pit passes are $40 for pit crew, the entry fee for car and driver is $75 per race.
The race dates for this championship are 3-29, 4-26, 5-31, 6-28, 7-26, 8-30, 9-27, and 10-18!
The race distance is 50 laps for each of the eight main events, this will be a split 25 lap format with a halftime break of roughly one hour for the teams to
adjust their cars. How to make the main event; Cars will qualify for starting positions, then there will be a card draw for the top ten starting spots. There will
be a "B" main if the field exceeds 24 cars.
1. 602 Crate engine cars must weigh 3,300 pounds or more, all open engine cars must weigh 3,350 or more prior to qualifying and any race. Bite bolts and
weight jacks ok.
2. Normally Aspirated engines only, engine block and cylinder head must be cast iron. All engines must be wet sump, and may be any cubic inch.
3. Carburetors must be 4412 or equivalent 500 cfm. Must fit Go-No-Go Gauges for 4412. If the engine is a stock 602 crate, then you may run a 4-barrel.
4. Wheels must be 7" or less, and must be steel.
5. Any treaded tire of 8" or less ok, including the Hoosier 970.
6. All cars must have stock floor pan and firewall from the drivers side to the drive shaft tunnel.
7. TRANSMISSION / May only be STANDARD 3 OR 4 SPEED, OR AUTOMATIC 2 OR 3 SPEED. Must be O.E.M. Manual transmission must use O.E.M. or O.E.M.
REPLACEMENT SINGLE DISC CLUTCH. Automatic transmission must use O.E.M. or O.E.M. REPLACEMENT TORQUE CONVERTER. NO RACING OR HIGH
PERFORMANCE CLUTCHES OR TORQUE CONVERTERS ALLOWED. A. All gears must be in stock working order. Transmission must be able to go into gear with
engine running and car sitting still. B. All standard transmissions must have a S.E.M.A./NASCAR approved STEEL bellhousing. Automatics must have a
S.E.M.A. approved ring gear shield or a tech inspector approved 1/8" steel plate inside the car on the transmission tunnel part of the floorboard.
8. EXHAUST SYSTEM Stock O.E.M. cast iron exhaust manifolds, Center dumps are allowed, or Single flange tube type headers allowed. No wrap around, step,
or 180 headers allowed. Any muffler may be used provided maximum sound level 95 db at 100'. Maximum 2.5" pipe, dual exhaust OK. No flex pipe. Exhaust
must extend behind the driver's seat, with no exhaust of any kind inside the car. Any size outlet OK. Exhaust must be securely attached to the bottom of the
car. Loss of any part of exhaust system on or off track will be cause for Black Flag.
9. BODIES Must use Stock Roof and Hood. Fabricated fenders, doors, quarter panels and trunk lid made of metal ok. Plastic nose and tail pieces allowed. Must
appear stock for year, make and model. Must completely cover entire chassis as a stock body would and mount in a secure manner. No wedge shape body. No
wings or fins.. Rear quarters can go straight back but side of quarter panel must have a break to match door and front fender. Rear spoiler may be no taller
than 5" and may be no wider than the rear deck lid.
10. All cars must run a transponder.
11. Safety will be firmly enforced, make sure your equipment is up to speed.
12. Any steel shock, all parts must be steel.
the races are 50 laps, split 25's format with a half time break at lap 25.
1. Teams can work on their race cars all the way up until the green flag of the first segment without penalty, or position loss.
2. Teams can work on their cars at the halfway break, they may change anything they want except tires, and each car must remain on the tires the car
qualified on. A team may work on the car before the green flag of the second segment without penalty, or loss of position.
3. If a car is worked on after the green flag has been thrown for either the first 25, or second 25 lap segment, then the car must re-enter the race at the rear of
4. The original start will be double file, all restarts for the Limited Late Model Series will be double file, but the leader has earned the right to set the pace, and
it will be the leader that accelerates first in the starting box. 5. Any car that takes out the leader will go to the rear of the field unless the leader is called for
blocking, this includes the final lap of the race.
Purses are going to be bigger for this series, we are still working on sponsorship for this series. PURSES ARE TBA...